Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

National Honor Society

TN034154TN034154 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
Ok so my freshman year gpa was bad 3.14 uw because i had family problems and this year everything is good and i have a 3.8-4.0 uw. Therefore i can not do nhs until senior year. Do you guys think its even worth it to join? I want to apply to competitive colleges and idk if i should join or if i shouldnt.

Replies to: National Honor Society

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 24,481 Super Moderator
    The only ones that will care about NHS are you, and maybe your parents. For colleges, it will carry as much weight as your perfect attendance certificate. :)
  • soontobecollegersoontobecolleger Registered User Posts: 212 Junior Member
  • BooBooBearBooBooBear Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    NHS is a redundant award in terms of college admission--you get in to NHS if your grades are high enough, but your grades are already being evaluated anyway. It is a nice thing to have in the yearbook, and you get to wear an extra stole or cord at graduation.
  • RMNiMiTzRMNiMiTz Registered User Posts: 678 Member
    NHS isn't worth that much, especially since you won't have a leadership role. No point joining in senior year.