Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

If I could change one thing....

Replies to: If I could change one thing....

• odicollegeodicollege Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    My freshman year of high school. Bruh!
  • HappyFace2018HappyFace2018 Registered User Posts: 751 Member
    @HockeyVee Congrats on your success! In my humble opinion SAT/ACT test will become obsolete. Obviously the balance of your resume opened the door for you at your dream school. My daughter took each test several times but couldn't hit the mark. She too was admitted to her dream school, The George Washington University. She was also admitted to GW's University Honors Program and received a Presidential Academic Scholarship. Her resume which included the full IB (she eared the IB Diploma) and a plethora of summer/academic activities ruled the day as she applied test optional.
    Move in day is today and she/we are ecstatic!
  • kyungheekyunghee Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    starting my college apps earlier LOL :((
  • zeta67zeta67 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    GPA, and instead of taking AP Physics this year I would've signed up for AP Environmental Science (I had to choose between the two due to them being in the same block). I got 3 C's, an 81, 84, and another 81, since at my school a B was 85-92 until they changed it to the standard 100-90 = a, 90-80 = b, etc.
  • gmanhaxgmanhax Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
    If I could do one thing differently, it would be my freshman year schedule. Switch from regular bio to honors, and drop the second language (Spanish) to fulfill my religion requirement so that I don't have to do it this (senior) year. :(
  • eyrar99eyrar99 Registered User Posts: 491 Member
    My grade in Calc II :(
  • Rachael2017Rachael2017 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    The way I approached my first semester of dual enrollment. With marching band, college apps, and AP classes, I wish that I knew how to better manage my time.
  • FishyBearsFishyBears Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Took SAT IIs, standardized testing, and the college application a bit more seriously and wayyy before senior year. Knew more about finding internships and research positions as well as competitions like Olympiads or ISEF/STS/Siemens so I could participate in them more.
  • madman1923madman1923 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Gone to a less competitive high school to be in the top of my class.
  • nrvsabtcllgnrvsabtcllg Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    Done better on the ACT!! Also, cared more about my grades freshman year.I would have also started a service organization and kept with it throughout HS...
  • Lisa MLisa M Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    I did zero clubs / school sports as a freshman and I would go back and get involved earlier
  • NotIvyYetNotIvyYet Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    Get involved more as a Freshman and tried harder academically the moment I got into high school. That being said, if you're a Sophomore who didn't do too well last year and you're reading this, your situation is not irrecoverable. I didn't do too hot my freshman year, but I really pushed myself over these past 3 years and I landed a spot at my dream school. Don't give up on yourself!
  • IsaacTheFutureIsaacTheFuture Registered User Posts: 208 Junior Member
    Everything. Though I did get into one of my top schools on full scholarship, I still could have done far better academically. Also, more ECs and Community Service. All in all, it really didn't matter in the end tbh.
  • GMKoonGMKoon Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    Would've began studying for the SAT sophomore year instead of mid-junior year.