College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Senior year: AP Eng, Honors Physics, Ap Art History, Ap US History, Honors Precalc
My school only offers ap classes in English, Art History, US History, and Calc BC, so I'm taking all I am qualified for. I tried starting a US Gov AP and Euro Hist AP but the head of the department turned me down.
Taken 2 courses at a local community college, intro to philosophy (freshmen year- A-), sociology (sophomore year A), looking into another one now.
Academic Team- Captain
Robotics Team-builder and participant when we won the 2005 and 2006 state championships for FIRST (possible hook? Idk..)
New Jersey Regional Science Fair-participant
Spanish Honor Society- helped fundraise and tutored students
Model United Nations
NJ American Legion Boys State representative
Intermural Basketball League assistant coach/player
Intermural Ultimate Frisbee League- Co-Founder, captain of a team, and player
American Cancer Society Relay for Life-helped organize and set up event, three years
Worked at Afterhours Formalwear
· The Elmira College Key Award, 2006
· Excellence in Spanish 2 CP, 2004-2005
· Excellence in English 2 CP, 2004-2005
· Honorable Mention in Eastern Civilization CP, 2004-2005
· Excellence in English 3 Honors, 2005-2006
· Excellence in United History 1 Advanced Placement, 2005-2006
· Honorable Mention in Spanish 3 Honors, 2005-2006
· New Jersey Regional Science Fair Rutgers Student Award, 2005
· National Spanish Examination Certificate of Achievement and Merit¸ 2004-2005 and 2005-2006
Thanks for any help guys I really appreciate this, college planning is driving me crazy since I have to do everything on my own.