Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Waitlist Letter

BntsauceBntsauce Posts: 21Registered User New Member
edited March 2007 in College Admissions
Anybody know where i can view an sample waitlist followup letter? thanks
Post edited by Bntsauce on

Replies to: Waitlist Letter

• T26E4T26E4 Posts: 16,973Registered User Senior Member
    There's no standard form BNTsauce. Each university will provide particulars about their own particular WL program. No letter will indicate likelihood. It will probably ask if you'd like to remain on the WL -- meaning if slots open, would you like to be considered. You can of course, decline to remain on the WL.

They'll tell you to secure a slot at another school that's admitted you. They may tell you to let the other school know that you're on the WL.

Good luck.
  • BntsauceBntsauce Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    yeah but i just want to know what i should write on the letter. Since i heard i should send them a letter and show them interest. I just want to know who i write the letter to. Like Dear. X ? i already have the letter itself written just need the headings. Thanks.

btw : its syracuse waitlist so if anybody know who i should write it to, it would be appreciated thanks
  • bethievtbethievt Posts: 6,727Registered User Senior Member
    I don't know this info, but I suggest you start a thread on the Parents Forum asking for help. Someone there will know. Good luck!!