Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Could NOT applying for financial aid hurt your chances?

supsup Posts: 1,318Registered User Senior Member
edited December 2007 in College Admissions
Would it be harder to get in (even slightly) at need-blind schools where not applying for financial aid would show that you are rich and lead admissions officers to think your life is easier than those who come from less affluent families? What if I check the box saying I will apply for financial aid but don't?
Post edited by sup on

Replies to: Could NOT applying for financial aid hurt your chances?

• tetrisfantetrisfan Posts: 11,791Registered User Senior Member
    WHAT? Is it just me or is CC overflowing with more ridiculous threads than usual? :S
  • DSCDSC Posts: 1,111Registered User Senior Member
    Need blind ='s NEED BLIND.

They do not include need when judging applications. That means full need and no need are the SAME in terms of judgement.
  • Sheed30Sheed30 Posts: 12,425Registered User Senior Member
    dude, they don't look at your need...what the heck
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Posts: 14,381Registered User Senior Member
    If you mark the "yes" box and do not send fin. aid forms, your application may be considered "incomplete" until the college gets those forms.
  • noobcakenoobcake Posts: 1,736Registered User Senior Member
    @tetrisfan

At least its not as bad as "should I retake 2400 SAT bc I got a 11 Essay" or "retake 800 SAT II because it is not 99th percentile."
  • volleysnapvolleysnap Posts: 286Registered User Junior Member
    BunsenBurner, is that really true??? I definitely decided after checking the box on one app to not apply for financial aid...