Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What is the maximum GPA you can have at your school?

dominus96dominus96 Posts: 141- Junior Member
edited April 2008 in College Admissions
Like if you were to take all and only AP classes and made A+'s in all of em, what would your GPA be?

at my school, the max is 4.8
Post edited by dominus96 on

Replies to: What is the maximum GPA you can have at your school?

• xhilarationxhilaration Posts: 160Registered User Junior Member
    5.0 as a junior
    4.8 as a senior
  • noobcakenoobcake Posts: 1,736Registered User Senior Member
    Theoretical Max: 5.0/4.0
    Practical Max: 4.647/4.0; this practical gets bigger every year. Since its no AP freshman year, 4 my year (people's choice, not limit), 5 next year, 6 year after next. Heck, we have Frosh in BC Calc this year.
  • wmmkwmmk Posts: 269Registered User Junior Member
    5.33. And that's actually theoretically possible, since our top-level classes (above honors) are weighted as AP's. Honors are 4.67 and standard classes are 4.0, of course. Our school also doesn't give A+'s, which is too bad.
  • d4r7h3v1ld4r7h3v1l Posts: 915Registered User Member
    Precisely 4.0.
  • kutibahkutibah Posts: 771Registered User Member
    5.0 except Freshmen who can only get a 4.0
  • alamodealamode Posts: 2,063Registered User Senior Member
    well the highest GP you can get for a class is an A+ in an AP course which is a 4.76......but its impossible to take only AP classes all throughout high school, so you couldn't actually have a 4.76 GPA
    I dont really know what the actual highest GPA possible is since people take different courses and stuff and it depends on what electives you take, etc...and I haven't made a point to try to figure out what 4-year class schedule would yield the highest GPA.

some people have though, the girl who is probably going to be the valedictorian has liek a 4.6 something. It's ridiculous though---we have an art/music requirement, and those classes aren't weighted, and after realizing this she got her gc to change her chorus from letter grades to Pass/Fail so it wouldn't effect her GPA, and she's not taking the Health requirement until senior year so that it won't effect her GPA for ranking.

I think to take GPA/rank so seriously is a waste of time. My GPA is only about a 4.2ish but I don't really care...I take the classes I want to take, including electives I'm interested in that are not weighted, and don't freak out about the numbers.
    life's better that way.
  • aspaspaspasp Posts: 294Registered User Junior Member
    4.0 10 charssss
  • noobcakenoobcake Posts: 1,736Registered User Senior Member
    alamode wrote:
    well the highest GP you can get for a class is an A+ in an AP course which is a 4.76......but its impossible to take only AP classes all throughout high school, so you couldn't actually have a 4.76 GPA
    I dont really know what the actual highest GPA possible is since people take different courses and stuff and it depends on what electives you take, etc...and I haven't made a point to try to figure out what 4-year class schedule would yield the highest GPA.

some people have though, the girl who is probably going to be the valedictorian has liek a 4.6 something. It's ridiculous though---we have an art/music requirement, and those classes aren't weighted, and after realizing this she got her gc to change her chorus from letter grades to Pass/Fail so it wouldn't effect her GPA, and she's not taking the Health requirement until senior year so that it won't effect her GPA for ranking.

I think to take GPA/rank so seriously is a waste of time. My GPA is only about a 4.2ish but I don't really care...I take the classes I want to take, including electives I'm interested in that are not weighted, and don't freak out about the numbers.
    life's better that way.

Wow, someone gotta try that at my school. Leave Gym/Health/Journalism/etc for senior year......
  • hikidshikids Posts: 1,284Registered User Senior Member
    4.0 not weighted and no A+ grades.
  • jazzydancerjazzydancer Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    4.0 and nobody has it.
  • IBProcrastinatorIBProcrastinator Posts: 571Registered User Member
    4.0 unweighted, and I think the maximum weighted would be about 4.6.
  • patelliopatellio Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    4.0 unweighted.

But we have some required classes that are not weighted, so the highest weighted possible is about a 4.86 ish.

The school is re-structuring the entire AP and IB class system at my school for next year, so it may be possible for freshman to have a 4.8 gpa and the highest to be around 4.96-ish.

I wish I weren't leaving high school!
  • Flare12345neoFlare12345neo Posts: 826User Awaiting Email Confirmation Member
    That's weighted, if you got straight A+'s in all through high school with the most AP IB courses available.
    Currently 2 people have it.
  • Anon_Person_1Anon_Person_1 Posts: 2,453Registered User Senior Member
    Theoretically: 110

but we only have honors classes in certain areas and there are a lot of regular classes, so i figured it out to be
    Practically: 107 (If get a 100 in EVERY class ever taken)
  • hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Posts: 807Registered User Member
    4.0 unweighted, 5.0 weighted (and no A+'s)
This discussion has been closed.