Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Retaking a Community College Course

seanndurrseanndurr Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2008 in College Admissions
In my sophomore year ('06-'07), I took Chemistry at the community college during the school year (Spring) and got a C.

I ended up not using that course to put on my transcript because of the C, but I was really hoping to have completed the "big" sciences by the end of high school [AP Biology (done), Chemistry, AP Physics (done)].

Should I just use the C? Will the colleges see that I took this class on top of my normal high school classes and consider that? And do UCs weigh the C to a B? Or can I not put it on my high school transcript but send it in separately on my transcript from the community college just to say that I have done it? The purpose of that would be so it wouldn't affect my GPA.

My other options are to re-take Chemistry at community college this summer or to take regular Chemistry my senior year (I'd rather not take a science at all than to do this).

I'm in no way interested in majoring in anything science-ish in college. I plan on applying to UCs (#1=UCLA) and NYU.

Thanks!
Post edited by seanndurr on

Replies to: Retaking a Community College Course