Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

what does the common application look like?

bluewatermelonbluewatermelon Posts: 733Registered User Member
edited July 2008 in College Admissions
i'm a junior, so of course i can't create an account there yet. but i figure its better to be prepared. so what does it look like? what sections are there that you have to fill out? (eg. awards, leadership, jobs???) and is it true that you have to check off the years that you've done it, as well as the hours per week, and the payroll?
Post edited by bluewatermelon on

Replies to: what does the common application look like?

• CDN_dancerCDN_dancer Posts: 2,579Registered User Senior Member
  • fauvefauve Posts: 3,190Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, you must be very detailed and very realistic in the years and hours per week for your ECs.

Read the warning carefully about deception--colleges state they can rescind your admittance, kick you out, or rescind your degree after college graduation if deceit on the application is discovered.
  • zzzboyzzzboy Posts: 1,139Registered User Senior Member
    yea you have to be realistic about hours, but not down to the smallest details. for example, if you did 0 hours in a club for 3 weeks then 8 hours the next week, you can just put 2 hours per week for 4 weeks.

stuff like that. its not technically "true" but its not like youre trying to lie. dont add extra hours...wont really help and as the previous poster said you could get in trouble.