Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to format recommendation envelope?

ChiHF9009ChiHF9009 Posts: 180Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2008 in College Admissions
It's common sense that the college address will go in the middle. But should I write my name somewhere? (UGA asks my name and DOB on the envelope) What about my recommender? Should I put his/her name and the school address on top left?
Post edited by ChiHF9009 on

Replies to: How to format recommendation envelope?

• worst*bad*boyworst*bad*boy Posts: 311Registered User Junior Member
    bump, I'm interested in this too.
  • hikidshikids Posts: 1,284Registered User Senior Member
    If it is your plain envelope you do it as you would always do it. If it has a return address preprinted, I would put my name under it or on the back. Same for reco's, or see if the reco's want to do it themselves using their letterhead envelopes.
  • klaz413klaz413 Posts: 243Registered User Junior Member
    At my high school, our counselors give us a specific format to do it. In the upper left corner we write the school name and address, in the middle we write the college address, and in the lower left corner we write our name and the application deadline to help the teacher out.
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 16,566Registered User Senior Member
    KLA nails it. Unless there's a problem where the teacher or you failed to write your name on the actual rec form, the envelope will get tossed. The retn address is only useful for the postal service if there's insufficient postage or inadequate destination address.

Most schools scan stuff immediately anyways -- and the actual rec will get shredded pretty quickly too.