Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Talking to an Admission Counselor?

peaceANDl0vepeaceANDl0ve Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited December 2008 in College Admissions
I am new to this website. I thought you all could help me.

A couple weeks ago I got a letter from the University of Dayton saying they were considering me for the fall of 2009. I want to call them to see what I can do to get in. I am not good with talking to people over the phone. How should I talk to them? What should I say to them? I just do not know how to start off talking to them. I have no clue to what to do.

Any advice?
Post edited by peaceANDl0ve on

Replies to: Talking to an Admission Counselor?

• yourfire_escapeyourfire_escape Posts: 289Registered User Junior Member
    Um, that sounds like a likely letter, a letter hinting at an acceptance. Can you post the text of the letter?
  • peaceANDl0vepeaceANDl0ve Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Yes I can.

Thanks for applying to the University of Dayton! The admission committee is considering your application for the August 2009 term.

At this time, we believe further review of your academic record is necessary. Then they go to say they want me to send in my first quarter grades and recommend me to retake the ACT to further review my application.

Then it goes on to say. Additional information will be given serious consideration by the committee. However, over the past several years, the University has experienced a significant increase in applications. Therefore, we no longer have space to accommodate every qualified applicant. Admission is based upon availability at the time your file is complete.