Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

list of colleges with automatic acceptance for certain SAT/ACT score

ynot89125ynot89125 Posts: 129Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2009 in College Admissions
i don't think there is a thread like this yet, and i think it would be very helpful

ill start things off

1.Texas AM university- 1300 SAT (verbal and math)
Post edited by ynot89125 on

Replies to: list of colleges with automatic acceptance for certain SAT/ACT score

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 18,796Registered User Senior Member
    You need to distinguish between admission for in-state, and out-of-state. Many public universities have some combination of grades and/or test scores that guarantee admission for in-state residents. I don't know of any that publish that information for out-of-state residents as well.
  • ynot89125ynot89125 Posts: 129Registered User Junior Member
    ok, lets just have this list be in state.
  • maharg421maharg421 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    For Texas Tech, it is based off class rank. Though essentially it means a 1270(verbal/math) gets you in automatically, as far as I know.

Texas Tech University :: Office of Admissions
  • CoolbrezzeCoolbrezze Posts: 5,403Registered User Senior Member
    If your a Iowa senior, you need a certain score to get admitted into University of Iowa. I've also heard out of state students can get admitted also if they meet a certain score. I plan to apply to the school.
  • aajjcaajjc Posts: 324Registered User Member
    University of Kansas only requires a score in the 900's (CR+M) on the SAT's, both for in staters and out of staters.