Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

what if getting kicked out of honors college for low gpa?

aaaaaa1aaaaaa1 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
edited July 2010 in College Admissions
if i go to a honors college but my gpa falls under the required and im kicked out, what happens? what happens if i get kicked out in the middle of the year? can i go to another college right away or do i have to wait? and what about the fafsa money and the bright futures money, do i get to keep it for the other college?

and if i go to another college, would i have to start over?
Post edited by aaaaaa1 on

Replies to: what if getting kicked out of honors college for low gpa?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 19,386Registered User Senior Member
    Normally, if you are removed from an honors program because of your grades, you are still be able to stay at that same college/university. Unless of course your grades are so abysmal that you are asked to leave the college/university entirely. If you are removed from the honors program, you will lose the special perks and privileges awarded to students in that program, but the rest of your situation should remain pretty much unchanged. Need-based (FAFSA-based) aid would not change but any merit scholarship that requires that you maintain a specific GPA might.

Since you are so concerned about this, you should contact the advisor for your program and ask for details.

Wishing you all the best.