Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I want colleges to see my first semester grades

mikey192mikey192 Posts: 245Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2010 in College Admissions
So I begin applying in the fall and I really want colleges to see my grades from the upcoming semester because I haven't had awesome grades in the past (Bs from soph year on) but straight As junior year and I'm taking five APs as a senior and want to show colleges that I'm competent as a student and will continue to get good grades through college. I honestly plan on getting straight As. I've learned that grades and school is most important and I will do absolutely whatever it takes to get straight As. Anyway I'm going to apply early and whatnot so will colleges request to see first semester grades or can I choose to send an updated transcript

The places I want to do this for are UNC-CH and Michigan because they are my reaches due to my poor GPA. Everything else is solid on my application. I believe Michigan will alert me of acceptance before first semester is over but in the case I'm deferred, do I do this?
Post edited by mikey192 on

Replies to: I want colleges to see my first semester grades

• RedrosesRedroses Posts: 3,293- Senior Member
    You may want to rethink applying early if you don't reallyhave the stats to let them see more. If you get rejected there's no turning back.
  • rodneyrodney Posts: 9,406Registered User Senior Member
    UMich does not reject anyone in EA; at worst the OP will be deferred.
  • mikey192mikey192 Posts: 245Registered User Junior Member
    Ok cool thanks!