Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Stretching the truth of extracurricular activities

jacqolanternxjacqolanternx Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited August 2010 in College Admissions
I live in South Korea and go to a DODS school. Every year there is a tennis championship among the DODS schools in Japan, Korea, and Guam. Would it be lying if I said on my application that that competition was international, even though it was only among around thirteen schools in different countries, and under the DODS system?
Post edited by jacqolanternx on

Replies to: Stretching the truth of extracurricular activities

• TRUFFLIEPUFFTRUFFLIEPUFF Posts: 1,999- Member
    Different countries = International

No, you would not be lying.
  • LirazelLirazel Posts: 352Registered User Member
    You should also probably specify that it's among DODS schools. "International DODS tennis competition" about accurately represents your situation. (You should also give the competition's name. I'm thinking that my sentence should go in the "awards/additional info" section of the common app EC section.)
  • BillyMcBillyMc Posts: 7,753. Senior Member
    Yes, that is international. However, giving as much specific information as can be reasonably expected is important, too. It wouldn't be right to make it sound like a world championship, or something larger than the thirteen schools from three countries.
  • mikemacmikemac Posts: 6,832Registered User Senior Member
    put down whatever you want. If the school thinks you're tennis experience is a significant EC, they'll ask the tennis coach to take a look at your app. You're not going to fool the tennis coach.
  • jacqolanternxjacqolanternx Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    okay thank you :]