Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

HP has the BEST customer support!

Tx_GeniusTx_Genius Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2009 in College Computers
So, my HP notebook broke a few days ago (memory stick failure). I called HP on Monday about it, and there was a box fed-ex next-day aired on my doorstep the next morning. Sent it off and they said estimated 7-9 days to fix it and then ship it back, so I was supposed to have it back April 8th according to their website.

Fed-Ex dropped my computer off to me Monday morning, March 30th. Thats only 6-days for shipping, fixing the computer, and shipping it back. I was very impressed.

They actually called me back to see if my problem was fixed as well. Anyone else have any good customer support stories?
Post edited by Tx_Genius on

Replies to: HP has the BEST customer support!

• zapakovexzapakovex Posts: 211Registered User Junior Member
    Apple has amazing customer support. I mean, their prices are definitely up there and their products are give or take depending on your preferences, but their service is unparalleled.

My three year old macbook started randomly shutting down whenever the battery got below like 40%. I took it into an Apple store and I walked out with a perfectly working computer in like 15 minutes after a quick battery exchange.

My iPhone 3G had some dust under the screen. Seriously, just a couple of specks of dust, but I'm a perfectionist. BOOM, they replaced it no questions asked at the Genius Bar.
  • randomgrandeurrandomgrandeur Posts: 671Registered User Member
    Ditto with Apple. Back when I first got my Macbook in 2006, the stained palmrests were a big issue so I sent mine in, just in case. I sent mine out on a Tuesday morning and got it back on Thursday afternoon (of the same week). The turnaround is fan****ingtastic.
  • TomTheCatTomTheCat Posts: 1,659Registered User Senior Member
    My ANCIENT iBook's motherboard failed seven days before the three-year warranty failed, and Apple replaced the motherboard in three days AND thoroughly cleaned up the casing so it was brilliant white again - like it was brand new. Apple definitely has amazing customer support, and the best thing is that for most problems all you have to do is walk into an Apple Store, talk to a genius, and you speedily leave with a repaired (and often completely replaced) item.
  • BCEagle91BCEagle91 Posts: 22,762Registered User Senior Member
    The Apple Stores provide an amazing level of support.

If you order from Dell Small Business, they do onsite support. A coworker had a hardware problem, Dell sent someone over to his office to replace a motherboard. Hard to beat that kind of convenience. Apple provides training too - I think that it's free for some products.
  • dance2nite926dance2nite926 Posts: 201Registered User Junior Member
    Whenever I'd dealt with Dell's customer support, they are great.. Despite the language barrier created by outsourcing. My adaptor to plug in the battery died and I had a new in less than 24 hours arrive at my house.

T-Mobile has pretty good customer service too. They're very nice and always helpful... Although some reps are kinda stupid...
    *my phone is broken, can't do anything*
    T-Mobile: Are you using the cell phone or another?
    Me: The cell phone is broken, I can't get out of the screen since my button broke
    T-Mobile: So are you using the cell phone or another phone?
    Me: Um landline phone