Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

MBP 13 inch vs. 15 inch

brown14brown14 Posts: 808Registered User Member
edited May 2010 in College Computers
my moms telling me to get the 15 inch because i wear glasses....is that worth getting thr 15 inch

15 inch is more expensive but not THAT much more...does it have worse battery life?
Post edited by brown14 on

Replies to: MBP 13 inch vs. 15 inch

• immortaliximmortalix Posts: 676Registered User Member
    I personally prefer 13 inches. It's the ideal size, full-sized keyboard fits, everything fits on the screen, and it keeps the weight light. By the way, a 15 inch doesn't necessarily make the font bigger (in fact, it's usually the same size). It just fits more text of the same size horizontally. You can magnify your web browser font on a 13 inch and 15 inch if it's too small. As for battery life, I don't think a 15 inch makes the battery life worse as a 15 inch means more room for a bigger battery to offset the more powerful processor in the 15in MBP that eats more power.
  • qwerty702qwerty702 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    The 13-inch Macbook pro has a battery life of up to 10hrs and has Core 2 Duo.
    The 15-inch Macbook pro has a bettery life of up to 8-9hrs and has Core i5.
    If money isn't a problem, the 15-inch seems like the better choice, it has a very good battery life, has a faster processor than the 13-inch, and has a bigger hard drive.
  • NuclearPakistan1NuclearPakistan1 Posts: 1,285Registered User Senior Member
    I am definitely buying the 15 inch!
  • pixeljigpixeljig Posts: 1,428Registered User Senior Member
    I got a 15 inch midrange and could not be happier. 15 is perfect size for me because i can fit two things side by side quite nicely. I would have gotten the 17 but i need it for school and thats not portable enough.
  • aStyleaStyle Posts: 973Registered User Member
    Screen size matters but resolution quality matters a lot too. The 13'' is 1280x800 which is perfect for its size. It won't hurt your eyes, but if you have to fit a lot of pages onto the screen then it'll be a problem. Personally I only have 4 max firefoxes with a couple tabs. I prefer to keep my screen clean.

The 15'' has a base of 1440-900 which is also not an eye strainer. Good for fitting multiple pages on your screen.

Personally the HD resolution of those 1080p screens you find on top PC's hurt my eyes. Too many pixels can be bad.

If money isn't a problem then get the 15 inch.
  • r31ncarnat3dr31ncarnat3d Posts: 452Registered User Member
    @aStyle: It's also a matter of screen size as well as resolution. I've found that 1920x1080 on a 24" looks fine, but on a 22" causes the eye strain you mentioned.