Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Struggling in college

PrecognitionPrecognition Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2010 in College Confidential Cafe
First I'd like to admit that I'm not like the average college confidential poster, I am not a genius; I lack discipline and focus.

I promised myself I'd concentrate at the very first second of college, but little did I expect the vast amount of distractions around me. I was disoriented by the attractive girls around me, the college nightlife and various other amusements that I should have stayed away from.

Now, with half the semester over, I'm pretty sure I'm failing 2 classes.

Calculus w/ Applications & Human Biology.

Now the unfortunate part is that I was fully capable of achieving an A in Human Biology. The topics are not too difficult to learn and the workload is very reasonable.

Calculus w/ Applications is on a whole other level though, one that's very high to achieve.

The good news is that I have an A in Economics and B's in Philosophy and Creative Writing. I'm very confident that I can achieve at least an A- in Philosophy.

So the question is, with half of the semester wizzed by and my grades already desolated, is it reasonable to aim for a 3.0 minimum GPA?

I understand that I have no one to blame by myself for my short-comings, but I can't feel depressed and lost with this dilemna.

I come from a socio-economically challenged family and my mom would be crushed to see these grades.
Post edited by Precognition on

Replies to: Struggling in college