Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

death of Eddie Guerrero

gulliver101gulliver101 Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2005 in College Confidential Cafe
Im pretty sure there are some wrestling fans on CC. As you may have heard, one of the greatest wrestlers, Eddie Guerrero, past away last Sunday. He died due to heart failure. What were your thoughts and feelings about him?
Post edited by gulliver101 on

Replies to: death of Eddie Guerrero

• scarletleavyscarletleavy Posts: 2,374Registered User Senior Member
    I don't actually watch wrestling. But my brother does. The other night while I was CCing he runs up the stairs yelling about it, wanting to get on the computer to see what happened. So I felt bad and let him have it. I think its sad, I mean he was quite young. Was it steroids or something?
  • audiophileaudiophile Posts: 2,387Registered User Senior Member
    I knew Eddie and his family personally. Outside the ring, he was a humble, soft spoken guy devoted to his wife & children. It is a tragic loss.
  • scarletleavyscarletleavy Posts: 2,374Registered User Senior Member
    That's really sad. I feel for his family.
  • gulliver101gulliver101 Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
    Yeh... He was terrifically good. He died due to his past habits of drinking and pill addiction. However, he fought through all of his tough times and became a role model for fans everywhere. Ive been a wrestling fan for 9 years, and never have I felt so bad as I did last sunday.
  • alien_workshopalien_workshop Posts: 625Registered User Member
    Eddie was one of my favorite wrestlers. This is a serious loss to the WWE.
    I will really miss this guy.

Anyways, if you still watch WWE, what do you think about Muhammad Hassan being sacked?
  • supersonicxxsupersonicxx Posts: 116Registered User Junior Member
    Eddie Guerrero was definitely one of my wrestling heros/idols. Like gulliver said, he gained a lot of respect from me for battling his drug and alcohol addiction. When they did the tribute to him on Monday night I was crying so hard. He'll be missed dearly by the entire wrestling community.
  • chochochochochocho Posts: 763Registered User Member
    Supersonicxx, you live in Virginia Beach, my favorite place out of the eighteen places I have lived in!

By any chance, do you know Atlantic Shores Christian School, or Jake Sears Circle?
  • sachitsachit Posts: 1,036Registered User Senior Member
    A great wrestler and an even greater person has left us. God bless his soul and help his family get through this tragic loss.

<<< R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero >>>
  • potomac20854potomac20854 Posts: 325Registered User Junior Member
    I was a big fan of Eddie Guerrero back in the day. Its kind of sad that our heros and idols of the past are passing away. Ex:- Reggie White, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, etc. . .
  • JusgimmethegunJusgimmethegun Posts: 1,745- Senior Member
    Let's not forget John Ritter. On the same day as Johnny Cash too. That was a hard day for me... I can't listen to that cover of the nine inch nails song by Johnny Cash and not cry. I can hardly even think about it... I'm not a wrestling fan, but he sounded like a good guy.
  • VyseVyse Posts: 1,861Registered User Senior Member
    I used to be a huge fan. I'm not as big of one anymore, but I frequent the wrestling board at the gaming site I post at. Eddie's death was really sad. He's been sober for 4 years, but the drugs had taken a toll on his heart.

That raw the next day was sad when they played "Hurt" by Johnny Cash, and when Benoit gave his emotional speech which ended in him totally breaking down.

Oddly enough, I hadn;t seen eddie in awhile since I started watching only raw and not smackdown. Oddly enough on the friday befor ehis death I got bored and started watching smackdown. I got to see his final match, and I started reminiscing about his days in wcw, how much he'd gotten over in wwe, his title reign, and the "lie cheat steal" gimmicK
  • Business_FreakBusiness_Freak Posts: 567. Member
    hmm, to WWE fans:

Do you think WWE made a big loss by banning Muhammad Hassan? He was a very controversial character and was in high demand.
  • theslocthesloc Posts: 535. Member
    Eddie DEAD?! Hm, damn mexicans.
  • White MateriaWhite Materia Posts: 147Registered User Junior Member
    thesloc,

Make sure you enjoy your life. Because it doesn't seem to be worth much.
  • theslocthesloc Posts: 535. Member
    It's just like black people calling each other 'niggas'...i'm mexican btw.