Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Preparing to Graduate

MicheCMicheC Posts: 14Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Confidential Cafe
My name is Michelle. I am new on this site, but plan on becoming very active member on here. I started college August 2009 as a freshman and I will be graduating this December with a 3.7 GPA. I ended up finishing college in 3 1/2 years. I will be getting my BA in criminology & criminal justice with a minor in psychology from SIU. I am also currently preparing to start applying for graduate schools... If you all have any questions, feel free to ask! I will also have questions from time to time! =]

-Michelle C
Post edited by MicheC on

Replies to: Preparing to Graduate

• yummynuggetyummynugget Posts: 41Registered User New Member
    ISU ... Illinois or Iowa?
  • afkgirl16afkgirl16 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    How did you managed to graduate faster? I want to major in forensic science , & graduate as soon as possible..
  • MicheCMicheC Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    I go to SIU... Southern Illinois University.
    @afkgirl16 Definitely take summer classes. I took at 2 classes during summer 2011 & this past summer at a community college and then just had them transferred over to my university. I also took 15 credits a semester at the least.
    Do you go to Carbondale or Edwardsville?
    My brother actually goes there and I was thinking about going there as I've already been accepted. How is it in your eyes? And how are the dorms? Are they comfortable seeing as I'll be living in them until I graduate.
    I've had a great experience here. The dorms aren't that bad. Most of them are remodeled and comfortable. I do recommend getting a single room dorm after freshman year so you can focus more on your studies without the distraction of a roommate. It is also nice to have your own space. What do you want to major in?
    English and Computer Science. I got accepted with an English major though and right now I just want to get all of my core classes out of the way. I was thinking of getting a single my freshman year as I can't really stand sharing rooms due to my slight OCD of cleanliness. But do you have any recommendations of how I should set up my classes and things?
    I would definitely suggest starting off with 4 classes and maybe a career decision making class that is primarily for freshmen.