Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

What are you reading this summer?

bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 3,424 Senior Member
I have to admit: I don't do much reading for pleasure during the school year. There simply isn't time. So summer is the ideal time to kick back with a book.

Today I started to re-read my all time most favorite book: Gone with the Wind. I re-read every 5 or 6 years, and I'm about due. Sure, I know a lot of the dialogue before I read it but that's OK.

When I'm done, I'll re-read Scarlett-- the '80's sequel to GWTW. It really can't compare to the original, but that's OK... it's nice to see the story continue, kind of like checking in with old friends. And I haven't read Scarlett in about a decade, so it's almost a new read for me.

Replies to: What are you reading this summer?

• bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 7,498 Senior Member
    Just finished The Last Painting of Sara de Vos. Interesting premise and story. The setting reminded me of Tracy Chevalier's Girl with a Pearl Earring, which I loved.
  • WildLupineWildLupine Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    I am making my way through Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. I just finished The Truth and am in the middle of Going Postal. Although the witches novels are my favorite, the industrial revolution novels are a close second!