Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

The US National Anthem: Who Sings It Best?

baller4lyfeballer4lyfe Posts: 1,214Registered User Senior Member
edited June 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
Here we go. I love our Anthem, but it needs to be sang by the right voice. I heard too many voices that sing it, but our Anthem cries, "Give me the right tone, I beg of you, let me show you how powerful I can be!"

In "A League of Their Own", there's this big, fat, traditional, heavy weight woman from the 1950s, who is wearing fancy clothes and a classic Lady hat.

Before the Baseball World Series Game begins, she sings the American National Anthem (however, half of the Anthem is heard as the movie cuts in a little late).

If you haven't seen A League of Their Own yet, go check it out for the Anthem part. This lady has an awesome voice and I always wished she would come sing the US Anthem at college graduation (or anywhere!)
Post edited by baller4lyfe on

Replies to: The US National Anthem: Who Sings It Best?

• williamsf1 fanwilliamsf1 fan Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
    I watch NASCAR religiously, and almost always whoever sings the anthem sings like crap. Some people put on little frills that just sound silly and "modern", and a lot of them the voice just isn't right.

I'm not an expert on voices, but I know the general consensus of NASCAR fans is that the best anthems are the trumpet/bugle anthems. Now those are classy.
  • baller4lyfeballer4lyfe Posts: 1,214Registered User Senior Member
    Have you seen A League of Their Own? Did you watch the Anthem part.

Man she sings it well