Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Another Terrorist Nabbed (West Virginia)

Fides et RatioFides et Ratio Posts: 902Registered User Member
edited August 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
Looks like another would-be "martyr" got pwned, this time a 28 year-old Pakistani woman at a West Virginia airport today. From CNN.com...

CEREDO, West Virginia (AP) -- A West Virginia airport terminal was evacuated Thursday after two bottles of liquid found in a woman's carry-on luggage twice tested positive for explosives, a Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman said.

"The bomb squad is on site and the woman is being interviewed by the FBI," Amy von Walter said.

A machine security checkpoint screeners use to test for explosives registered positive, and a canine team also got a positive hit, von Walter said.

Airport manager Larry Salyers said the bottles would be moved by robot to a remote area of the airport where officials would attempt to detonate them. National Guard and State Police explosive experts will conduct chemical field tests to determine what's inside them, he said.

Salyers said he was told the woman was a 28-year-old native of Pakistan who had moved to Huntington from Jackson, Michigan. He did not know how long she had lived in Huntington.

The woman was still at the airport late Thursday afternoon, but was not under arrest, said FBI spokesman Jeff Killeen.

Commercial airline service was suspended at least until 5 p.m., and about 100 passengers and airport employees were ordered to leave the terminal, said Tri-State Airport Authority President Jim Booton. A US Airways spokeswoman said one of its flights was diverted to Charleston's Yeager Airport about 60 miles away.

A screener noticed a bottle in a woman's carry-on bag as she prepared to board a flight to Charlotte, North Carolina, Booton said. Salyers said she was eventually headed to Detroit.

U.S. authorities banned the carrying of liquids onto flights last week after British officials made arrests in an alleged plot to blow up U.S.-bound planes using explosives disguised as drinks and other common products.

Some travelers were more surprised than fearful about the discovery.

"This is such a small airport. I never imagined something like this happening here," said Shannon Bloss, who was traveling to Orlando, Florida, for a wedding.

Joy and John Cloutre of Ulysses, Kentucky, were waiting to begin the first leg of their trip to the southeast Asian country of Brunei when the evacuation order came.

"My family didn't want me to leave because of the terrorism in Brunei," Joy Cloutre told the Herald Dispatch of Huntington. "And then we don't even get out of Huntington without something like this happening."

I sincerely hope this f-ing b*tch receives the roughest treatment possible while in custody, and, eventually, the harshest sentence possible (like, death). If it were up to me, I'd have a couple of good ol' boys going to work on her with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch right skippy.
Post edited by Fides et Ratio on

Replies to: Another Terrorist Nabbed (West Virginia)

• iloveagoodbrewiloveagoodbrew Posts: 1,681Registered User Junior Member
    I'd have a couple of good ol' boys going to work on her with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch right skippy.
    I believe the quote is ... I'm gonna call a coupla pipe-hitting' niggas, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. Hear me talkin', hillbilly boy?! I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get Medieval on your ass....!
  • sanluisfreaksanluisfreak Posts: 177- Junior Member
    amazing how much of this s.hit has to do with michigan...just so happens, about 25% of my entire school went to lebanon for the summer...wonder how many I'll be going back to school with.

Also, my city has the largest concentratoin of arabs in the united states. Trust me, when theres terrorism reports and all of that s.hit, were involved somehow.
  • Abhi08544Abhi08544 Posts: 2,184Registered User Senior Member
    I can't get it, when every single terrorist Nabbed is pakistani/trained in pakistan why is the US giving out arms and F16s to Pakistan.
    Because American govt. is run by idiots. Even Clinton appeased the Pakis. Musharaf captures the terrorists for show, and two weeks later they mysteriously escape...America is basically giving a billion dollars to a terrorist country instead of a country like India (after all, USA and India are united in the same goal of ending Islamic terrorism)
    makes just as much sense as affirmative action does
  • joevjoev Posts: 2,924- Senior Member
    Why don't we profile these people again, oh thats right, we are politically correct a-holes. Call me when you have a pair. You don't think for a minute that if Americans started suicide bombings in the middle east, that they would profile whites at airports? We need to put people from that area of the country on a watch list, until at least a set period of time, say a year.
  • Sweetny007Sweetny007 Posts: 1,320Registered User Senior Member
    Sanluisfreak,

It seems like you only joined this site to comment on how bad affirmative action is. Are there any other thoughts you have to share?? I am also not sure how a potential terrorist being caught in an airport reminded you of AA but I guess you try to make everything about AA. :/
    Why don't we profile these people again, oh thats right, we are politically correct a-holes. Call me when you have a pair
    I have suggested profiling in no less than five threads throughout the Parent Cafe and the Cafe. Some moron always suggests that they are going to use non Arab and non Muslim operatives.
    so you think I've made 150 posts on affirmative action

..nah, theres more important things in the world.
  • flgirl04flgirl04 Posts: 477Registered User Member
    As a political science person and a female, i would never give my life for a religion/society/way of life that doesn't treat females as equal to males. So much for the "no women terrorists idea"