Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Survey: Do you have straight As?

MegaVortex7MegaVortex7 Posts: 874Registered User Member
edited September 2008 in College Confidential Cafe
State your class rigor and whether or not you have straight As (A- counts!).

I have the hardest course load in my grade and so far I have straight As. That might just change this year...Calc BC..
Post edited by MegaVortex7 on

Replies to: Survey: Do you have straight As?

• Hippo724Hippo724 Posts: 897Registered User Member
    I would have straight As, except for APUSH last year I got a B+. Grrrr.....
  • hikidshikids Posts: 1,284Registered User Senior Member
    D had straight A's all through a competitive HS but graduated last year. Don't know if that counts in your survey.
  • LiciaLicia Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
    8 APs, straight A's so far, pretty certain they'll stay that way. (8 is considered rigorous at our school I think)
  • SleepyAlligatorSleepyAlligator Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
    I have taken all the APs I could (except Honors Biology and Spanish IV, and Jr/Sr. English which I took at Ohio University) and I have straight A's both in high school and college.
  • Claire1016Claire1016 Posts: 1,088Registered User Member
    The only B's I've ever gotten were in advanced algebra II and advanced geometry (freshman and sophomore year). I had straight A's my junior year, but my courseload wasn't that rigorous. Not because I didn't want it to be, but because my school doesn't really offer AP's or honors courses. In my college courses over the summer I got straight A's too. :)
  • ansaransar Posts: 2,071Registered User Senior Member
    Class rigor: Hardest.

Straight As? Hell no. :/
  • Ephemeral2Ephemeral2 Posts: 817User Awaiting Email Confirmation Member
    hardest
    straight A's
  • somekidinnycsomekidinnyc Posts: 303Registered User Junior Member
    I had some B's but mainly A's and A+'s.
  • daman11daman11 Posts: 904Registered User Member
    therefore you didnt have straight A's....
  • meadow36meadow36 Posts: 5,620Registered User Senior Member
    rigor:in the top 7
    straight A's
  • hookem168hookem168 Posts: 3,206- Senior Member
    rigor: private prep school (own classical curriculum based on Greco-Roman models) with no APs, but ridiculous amounts of work. We're talkin' 10-12 page history papers (the prompt for my final exam in Ancient History Freshman Year was "Analyze the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. Critique.") and a 30-minute thesis presentation at the end of senior year with a subsequent 30-minute period of Cross-Examination from a panel of judges. Yikes.

Straight As (3.98 UW....dadgummit I made one 93 my freshman year (guess which class!), and it apparently doesn't average out, even due to its statistical unimportance).
  • TheWergTheWerg Posts: 338Registered User Member
    Pretty much the most rigorous courses at my school.

Straight A's, as long as you don't count high school classes I took in 8th grade.
  • 4th house4th house Posts: 380Registered User Member
    S2 (current HS senior): One of only 3 in entire HS taking the very hardest curriculum. Doing multivariable calc this year, as well as AP Physics C. Did Calc BC and AP Chem last year, and self-studied AP World, APUSH, and APEL. All 5's. All A's his entire life. School grades on a 100 point scale. Cum. GPA: 98.32.
  • lolcats4lolcats4 Posts: 3,203Registered User Senior Member
    I will have taken 87 college credits (homeschooled) by the end of my Senior year.

I took the equivalents of BC Calculus and both Physics C classes in my sophomore year, and I will have finished Differential Equations and Organic Chemistry as well as several honors courses by the time I graduate HS.

Do I have straight A's? No, I got one C in sophomore year :/ My professor was no good but I decided to stick through to the final and came within 3 points of a B (of 700 total points), but apparently he doesn't round up lol =(
  • davezhandavezhan Posts: 385Registered User Member
    straight A's
    one A- =( =( =(