Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I'm 20 years old, and im lost. Is college over for me?

jimmy1jimmy1 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited December 2009 in College Confidential Cafe
Hello everyone,

I was a mediocre high school student--3.3 GPA. However, I got into a pretty good engineering school, Cal Poly SLO. I sailed through my first year, but crashed so hard on my second year (failed 4 classes and got kicked out); I failed not because the classes were hard, but because I have a very poor studying habit and a chronic procrastination disease.

Now I'm going to a community college, at the end of this school year--one more semester to go--my cumulative GPA of all attended colleges would be 2.5. I would have no problems bringing them up if I'd willing to spend another year in college.

But here are the problems:

-I have finished taking all the lower division engineering courses (i.e. statics, dynamics, circuits, etc...) and all the calculus and physics sequences that a JC can offer.

-I couldn't think of any classes relevant to my engineering career that I can still take.

I am very much interested in an engineering career, and going to college... but what classes to take?

Is college over for me? what are my other options?

I thought of joining the military to get a new perspective on life, then go back to college, but then, the same conundrum will arise: what classes to take?

If you have a similar experience in life, I would love to hear about it. My inspirations are depleting, and I'm so lost.
Post edited by jimmy1 on

Replies to: I'm 20 years old, and im lost. Is college over for me?