Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Take a break from reading college essays and check out my fiction piece!

7Steps7Steps Posts: 148Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2012 in College Essays
I apologize for the shameless self-promotion, but I would vastly appreciate it if you guys could take the time to read over and offer some critique on the following short story that I wrote:

Coffee with Kelly | Teen Realistic Fiction About love/relationships, self-esteem, coffee, awkward and dates

Your responses would go a long way towards helping me refine my story-telling ability, so all constructive critisism is welcomed and encouraged!

Thank you!
Post edited by 7Steps on

Replies to: Take a break from reading college essays and check out my fiction piece!

• aznerdaznerd Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Wow, what a wonderful short story. I'm not a very avid reader of short stories, but this one kept me engaged in the narrative all throughout the story. Keep up the awesome work!
  • 7Steps7Steps Posts: 148Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you!
  • digmediadigmedia Posts: 2,869Registered User Senior Member
    I normally wouldn't respond to a post like this, but the first sentence drew me into the story immediately: Coffeehouses have a strange way of managing to brew up both strong pots of java and terribly awkward situations. It's both original and insightful.

I would say it's excellent for a teen, but that would be condescending. The writing is excellent, period. Thanks for sharing. Wish I had that gift.

Your profile says "Oberlin'16." What's your planned major?

Here's a young writer I really admire: “The Lone Survivor”
  • 7Steps7Steps Posts: 148Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you very much! I'm currently in a toss up between Philosophy and Creative Writing and plan on going to law school. I'll probably just take a smathering of courses in both departments my freshman year and then decide which one I like better.

Nice link! Michael looks like a very accomplished author; hopefully I can earn that kind of success one day.