Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Common App Short Answer in Lucid Dream. REALLY NEED HELP!

Mario8aMario8a Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Essays
This is my answer to the common app short answer. The prompt is " Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum). "

A Lucid dream is any dream where one is aware that one is dreaming. With practice one can master and have the ability to become lucid during dreams. I have been practicing this for seven consecutive months. This is important to me because during dreams I become aware that I am dreaming and can do whatever I want in the dream, from flying to exploring new worlds. This has made me a happier person because it takes away my depressions and worries that the real world brings me. Is my way to disconnect from the real world and make my own world, the perfect world. Since I have been doing lucid dreaming I feel more secure about myself and try not to worry about problems, but instead find a way to fix them.

Sorry I am not native speaker so please feel free to edited. Should I leave this topic because is unique and makes me happy? Or would colleges would look strange to this topic and think other things about me? Really need help. should I changed?
Post edited by Mario8a on

Replies to: Common App Short Answer in Lucid Dream. REALLY NEED HELP!

• eCoachJeneCoachJen Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
    It's an interesting topic, but in my opinion not appropriate for college admissions. Respond to the prompt: share an extracurricular activity, volunteer or paid work experience.

Good luck!
  • Pennylane2011Pennylane2011 Posts: 1,934Registered User Senior Member
    I agree, it's not an answer to the prompt. Lucid dreaming could be a hobby, activity, or interest, but I think the prompt is asking about an extracurricular activity- like club, sports, band, or a summer activity, work, volunteer experience.
    I don't know where you live but examples might be:
    Volunteering at a hospital
    Playing an instrument
    Member of a debate club
    An art project (if you spend lots of time with this)

Lucid dreaming is a solitary activity that does not have the impact of the others.

Hope this helps.
  • Mario8aMario8a Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Thanks a lot.I thought the same thing, I would change then. thanks again :)