Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Nutrition & Psychology

littlesurfergirllittlesurfergirl Posts: 63Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2010 in College Life
So I'm working on deciding what to major in, and as I've been researching I've stumbled upon the idea of double majoring in Psychology and Nutrition. I've already taken four psychology courses during my first year of university and am finding its something I'm really interested in. My dad's a really big health nut, especially with raw foods and holistic health type of things, so he's kind of gotten me interested in studying nutrition. I originally wanted to major in biology, but I'm thinking that nutrition would satisfy that need for science that I have but I could put it to use in a more practical way. My end goal would be to open a unique private practice where I combine therapy with overall physical wellness advice. The mind/body theories are really interesting to me.

So my question is, does this sound reasonable at all? I'd want to get my PhD in Psychology or Neuroscience after getting my degree, and get my Dietetics license as well. Are there grad school options for nutrition, or is a B.S. enough? Anyone know anything about these fields that might be helpful? I don't want to be poor, but I think I would LOVE to do this. :)
Post edited by littlesurfergirl on

Replies to: Nutrition & Psychology