Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Campus opinion - get paid to take surveys?

sincerelyydavidsincerelyydavid Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2011 in College Life
Is this a scam or something? Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?
Campus-Opinion.org - Where student opinion matters!
Post edited by sincerelyydavid on

Replies to: Campus opinion - get paid to take surveys?

• ISUClubISUClub Posts: 790Registered User Member
    my man, get a real job
  • sincerelyydavidsincerelyydavid Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    Firstly, define what a real job is.
    Besides, I'm pretty sure you can still take part in this and take surveys even if you do have a "real job," just to make some extra money.
  • ItachirumonItachirumon Posts: 1,016- Member
    My guess is it's a scam, like pretty much 99.9% of ALL those "get paid to take surveys" things. Or if you do get paid it's like $.15/survey
  • justtotalkjusttotalk Posts: 939Registered User Member
    If the payoff was so great, then they'd take a percentage of what you make rather than a one-time, upfront fee.

Which is exactly what they did back when big companies believed in the online market research hype (same time as dot com bubble). You used to be able to make a pantload, but you're almost a decade late buddy.
  • RacinReaverRacinReaver Posts: 6,598Registered User Senior Member
    Look for psychology or economics experiments if you want some easy money. I'll occasionally do some during my lunch break and can make anywhere from $10-$50 an hour.