Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How much clothes did you bring to college your first day?

osrzlyosrzly Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2011 in College Life
Depending on where I go I plan on rushing, and rush is the first week of school....how much clothes and shoes do i bring? Do a lot of people over pack or am I going to be "that girl" who brought the whole mall with her -___-
Post edited by osrzly on

Replies to: How much clothes did you bring to college your first day?

• Emaheevul07Emaheevul07 Posts: 5,815Registered User Senior Member
    I brought enough clothes to go two weeks without doing laundry. I only have one day a week where I have time to do laundry, and If i get busy or sick or something I need to be able to sustain myself until the next laundry day.
  • biologynerdbiologynerd Posts: 377Registered User Member
    I brought a lot of basics and layering clothing because where I lived it was cold. I took a few pairs of shorts, 2 tank tops, 5 pairs of jeans, tights, leggings, 6 sweaters, a few pairs of sweatpants and hoodies, 2 skirts, 6 pairs of shoes (mostly boots), pajamas and a winter coat.

If you live close by, you can bring what you want and then edit it out later. You don't wnat to bring too much if you're living in a dorm room. You can always go back home and get more if you need it or send some home if you need to. I sent most of my warm weather clothes back home in boxes so I had more room for winter clothes.
  • RoxSoxRoxSox Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    For rush you will have to bring a bunch of clothes you won't wear for a longgg time after that, lol. I still have the dresses I wore just hanging in my closet.

I didn't really plan it out besides that, though. I brought everything I thought there might be a chance of me wearing. Generally I only wear sweatpants/pajamas/comfy clothes or dressier outfits for going out - not much in the middle. I probably have more clothes than I need or wear, but it's better than not bringing enough, imo.
  • PRiNCESSMAHiNAPRiNCESSMAHiNA Posts: 2,120Registered User Senior Member
    I brought my staples, and that was it. My absolute favorite pieces of clothing that I wear all the time, and my top pairs of shoes that go with everything.
  • SingDanceRunLifeSingDanceRunLife Posts: 1,787Registered User Senior Member
    I brought most of the clothes I owned...could go 2-3 weeks between laundry days depending on whether or not I wanted to wear my less cute stuff or not.
  • RixsRixs Posts: 1,003Registered User Member
    I brought everything except the stuff I never wore at home. I only own about 2 weeks worth of clothes (if I stretch them out), so that's not actually a lot.

My friend brought the equivalent of a department store with her. She could go without laundry for over a month if she wanted to...
  • JanofLeidenJanofLeiden Posts: 505Registered User Member
    I was usually "that" girl but I was like hmm gotta look good for rush week u kno all the cute guys are runnin' around haha just haaave funnn and don't worry so much! ;)
  • osrzlyosrzly Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    ^ ahahaha.
    how many suitcases/storage bins did you all need??