Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Hey, girls! How muscular is too muscular?

dhs911230dhs911230 Posts: 801Registered User Member
edited March 2011 in College Life
So..i am planning on getting bigger.
I am wondering when i would stop and maintain my body.
At times i see these giant hulks and wonder whether girls really like it.

So my question is...
How big is too big?
Or just elabrate on your preference on male bodies.
Post edited by dhs911230 on

Replies to: Hey, girls! How muscular is too muscular?

• PRiNCESSMAHiNAPRiNCESSMAHiNA Posts: 2,120Registered User Senior Member
    Bulgy and disproportionate is gross (i.e., bodybuilders and extreme gym rats).
    Really, the goal is to look healthy- not like you earned the muscles at the gym, but by swimming, chopping wood...etc. Kind of an outdoorsy muscular sort of look.
    I know this sounds really vague, sorry.

Edit: The giant hulks are incredibly unattractive.
  • rymdrymd Posts: 1,055- Member
    "Getting big" at the gym is unnatural. It's also for boring nerds who sear in the sunlight. But if you really must, get as big as you should be, not as big as you can be.
  • MoosepigMoosepig Posts: 56Registered User Junior Member
    Youll find people that will prefer all types of body proportions. Get as big as you want, not as big as you hope others will like. But I think if you work at it enough youll find a happy medium anyway and it wont be a problem.
  • NaberKankaNaberKanka Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
    Don't worry about this yet. You won't get big in 1 night.. It'll take you years to get really big.. Also those guys you see and get disgusted use steroids. If you don't get into that you'll never be like them unless you're a genetic freak.
  • dantheman91dantheman91 Posts: 236Registered User Junior Member
    So pretty much the athletic jocks who spend all their time in the gym

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this a college forum? Celebrity crushes, bangs on a girl, muscle mass, class scheduling... choose the three that don't fit
  • VanechkaVanechka Posts: 361Registered User Member
    ^A college life forum.

Girls at my college have bangs, guys have muscles, and people have crushes. They all totally relate to life and are in college...
  • mintymintmintymint Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Personally, I like guys' bodies like mine - anorexic skinny, with no muscle mass whatsoever. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Yeah... but anyway, I agree with the person above me. Take this to the Bodybuilding forums or something, lmao.
  • simpsonmansimpsonman Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Personally, I like guys' bodies like mine - anorexic skinny, with no muscle mass whatsoever.

aww yeah i am so in there
  • kaylakayla77kaylakayla77 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    I don't like when guys are huge and hulk-like. It's kind of hard to explain since I can't post pictures.
  • uyuloveuyulove Posts: 2,181Registered User Senior Member
    Slim but with enough muscles in the right places.. >_< bulky... is.. ew...
  • simpsonmansimpsonman Posts: 253Registered User Junior Member
    Slim but with enough muscles in the right places..

Like in the wang?
  • Mathemagician1Mathemagician1 Posts: 279Registered User Junior Member
    lol at this thread.

brb, chopping wood instead of going to the gym so PRiNCESSMAHiNA will think I'm attractive.