Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Dorm Window Screen

tonysdgtonysdg Posts: 29Registered User New Member
edited July 2011 in College Life
Hi there! I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of an adjustable window screen that could fit a window that's 72'' x 66''...I'm not exactly sure how it opens lol, but that's apparently the window size. Thanks for the help!
Post edited by tonysdg on

Replies to: Dorm Window Screen

• Neuro2012Neuro2012 Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    There's probably a screen already on the window.
  • sunnyfloridasunnyflorida Posts: 4,790Registered User Senior Member
    D's dorm window screen frames were alarmed. Any removal of the screen was like the fire alarm going off. And I am not familiar with an adjustable screen. What it is that you need this for?
  • HisGraceFillsMeHisGraceFillsMe Posts: 4,512Registered User Senior Member
    I'd be surprised if the window didn't come with a screen...and often, it's against housing policy to remove or tamper with them.
  • icedragonicedragon Posts: 2,170Registered User Senior Member
    At my school if a matainence crew walked by your room and noticed the screen gone it would be $25 per passby!!!

Most likely it already has one.
  • tonysdgtonysdg Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    Haha suppose it would have been useful to write that they explicitly say "no built in window screens": Smith Hall || Housing & Residential Life || Bucknell University

Already checked with bookstore, they said they no longer have a supplier...hence, I'm trying to figure out how to get a window screen that big. Sorry about the misunderstanding!!!
  • drexelerdrexeler Posts: 708Registered User Member
    That's so weird; no window screen? They expect you to buy one? A 3-story dorm without window screens is basically like asking for several liabilities.