Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How do you find out about parties?

mmiiaammiiaa Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2011 in College Life
Not sure if this is already a thread, or a stupid one...but I'm gonna give it a shot.

I just want to know how everyone here finds out about parties (if you do choose to attend them.) I guess the parties I'm talking can be either frat parties, house parties, whatever-celebrate-the-occasion-crack-open-a-beer parties, or just small get togethers and so on. Last year as a freshman living in the dorms, there wasn't hearing about much parties since we didn't know any older people, unless you were in a sorority or fraternity and going to socials. Other kids heard occasionally via word of mouth and some from facebook invites.

Having an older bf last year helped me find out about a lot of parties, but now that he's outta the picture, I'm quite clueless on where to start, especially since I don't have friends who drink.

So yes, how do you find out about parties and such?
Post edited by mmiiaa on

Replies to: How do you find out about parties?

• m4dskillz07m4dskillz07 Posts: 405Registered User Member
    through friends. especially girls, sorority girls. if you know them, they're told about all the frat parties that go on and will know.
  • RoxSoxRoxSox Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    Pretty much all just word of mouth. Ask anyone you know who parties and anyone who lives off-campus.
  • zchryevnszchryevns Posts: 1,022- Member
    As others have said, just try to have at least a couple friends who go to parties regularly. At my college people also make Facebook events for open parties and invite their friends, then from there it spreads like wildfire.
  • bigboi403bigboi403 Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    word of mouth, ill see friends in the hallway and get the talking they'll say so and so is having a party you trying to go.
  • lilkdub503lilkdub503 Posts: 139Registered User Junior Member
    But don't always be the person asking where the parties are. You have to let people know stuff too, otherwise you're mooching.
  • BowTieFrattyBowTieFratty Posts: 456Registered User Member
    Find out who the social chair is for your favorite fraternities, he will know of all of the non date parties and will often have the dates printed on a flyer for you.
  • StraightsJacketStraightsJacket Posts: 423Registered User Member
    I just get invited...