Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Getting kicked out of college

skimmyskimskimmyskim Posts: 1Registered User New Member
I'm in my next to last semester, and going to fail out. To make a long story short, I've had a lot of academic problems in the past. I have no direction or goals, and I've been disillusioned about school and the fact that I'm going to be paying loans on a degree I hated and never wanted to do in the first place.

I was looking to join the military and everyone, even my friends from high school who are in the Marines, are telling me not to.

All this venting aside, I really think that the Americorps would be a good decision for me. I am at the point where I can't sit on my ass anymore, and I can't keep spending my parents money. I need direction, or at least discipline to make me stop wasting my life in indecision. I don't want to come back to the disappointment of my parents, and let my slacking, lack of direction keep me from moving forward.

Does anyone have any advice for me on Americorps or at least how probable it is I can get into this type of program? Will they check my grades and status in college if I put it down on my application form? I don't need anyone drilling into me that I'm a **** up. I know that. But I'm here to change, and I need help, and looking for soemthing constructive. Thanks so much.