Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is my grade fair?

SingDanceRunLifeSingDanceRunLife Posts: 1,787Registered User Senior Member
edited November 2012 in College Life
In my education class, we had to do group presentations. My group made our PowerPoint, then emailed our professor asking if we should add/change anything. She had a few things she wanted us to add, so we did. Well, we got our grade back today, and she took points off (gave us a 4/5) because "it needed more data/statistics." And that was literally the only negative feedback she gave us -- her other comments included "Good presentation" and "Good group dynamic."

If it needed more data/statistics, why didn't she say so when we asked about any changes we needed to make?

I think it's completely unfair that she took points off for this because she never said we needed ANY data/statistics! (It was nowhere in the guidelines for the project she gave us, and she didn't mention it when we emailed her either).

Ugh.

What do you think?
Post edited by SingDanceRunLife on

Replies to: Is my grade fair?