Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Pass/fail grades and gpa

moonman676moonman676 Posts: 938Registered User Member
edited June 2013 in College Life
How do you factor the pass/fail courses in? I just finished freshman year and have been wondering how to calculate my gpa. Can I just include the 4 courses I've taken non-pass/fail so far? How exactly should I go about it?
Post edited by moonman676 on

Replies to: Pass/fail grades and gpa

• baktraxbaktrax Posts: 1,401Registered User Senior Member
    At my school pass/fail classes do not factor into your GPA, but they count as credits towards graduation. I would expect most schools to work this way. Also, we can access our grades/academic history online, where they post your GPA as they calculate it. Does your school have something similar?
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Posts: 5,261Registered User Senior Member
    yeah, it will depend on the school but a safe assumption is that when it comes to GPA, p/f courses are left out entirely.
  • moonman676moonman676 Posts: 938Registered User Member
    OK cool. My school doesn't officially calculate a GPA, however I do receive shadow grades of the p/f courses so that's where I am confused, especially seeing as I will have only 4 actual non p/f grades on my transcript thus far.
  • nan1013nan1013 Posts: 177Registered User Junior Member
    I know at my old school, it was like a 2.00 if factor into your GPA, but it wasn't actually factor in your GPA if that makes sense?