Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best way to display photos in a dorm?

rbouwensrbouwens Posts: 917Registered User Member
edited July 2013 in College Life
I have some photos to display in my dorm and I have a few different options.

1. Traditional frames - they're only good for a few pictures though (not much shelf space)

2. Photo "stands" where you stick photos in the little curly-Qs. There must be a technique to this with overlapping that I haven't mastered.

3. A photo board. I have a small one, but I wouldn't know how to hang it up.

What do you prefer to use? Thanks for any advice!
Post edited by rbouwens on

Replies to: Best way to display photos in a dorm?

• MaterMiaMaterMia Posts: 1,073Registered User Senior Member
    There just isn't a lot of room to stand photos around. You have such limited space on your desk or dresser - putting them on some kind of photo board, bulletin board makes the most sense. Maybe one special one in a frame. You can usually use those 3 M stickies/hooks to hang things on the walls. I believe my son lofted his bed - and then hung it behind his desk attached to the top rail of the bunk. But it was a big board.
  • scmom12scmom12 Posts: 1,592Registered User Senior Member
    Love the photo wires with little magnets - can hang them vertically in narrow wall spaces or horizontally like a clothes line. Easy to change pictures. Search on photo wire - ours by kikkerland.
  • kiddiekiddie Posts: 1,485Registered User Senior Member
    get a poster board or oarktag and glue all your photos in one big collage and put that on the wall - then you can rehang it every year as you change dorm rooms (and it takes up the least space this way as others say desk space is at a premium wall space is usually not)
  • PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo Posts: 567Registered User Member
    I had a few poster boards that I made a collage on. I also found a couple big frames that I made collages in. I personally preferred the frames because it kept the photos from falling off occasionally, but the poster board worked well too if you can't find some decent-sized frames.