Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What do you do on a Friday night?

cewillmcewillm Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2008 in College Life
First weekend of the semester. I'm in my dorm singing and looking out my third-story window, watching activity below and in the adjacent dorms. They say Temple University never sleeps.

The guys on my floor went out clubbing tonight. They got caught drinking last night. My roommate leaves me alone and gives me the room on the weekends; he doesn't come back till 3 or 4. I don't fool around with girls, though, so it's just an exercise in solitary living.

I still don't have friends at Temple. It's such a rushed commuter school and there are too many cliques. I really would like to just find a girl to hang out with. Not have sex with. Just to do things. But alas, it's hard to meet people when you don't party due to anxiety and fear, and you don't drink. Also pretty hard when one cannot talk in classes and the clubs are uninteresting. The colleges cater to professional development and upperclassmen. Lonely freshmen are castaway.

This is what I think about on a Friday night. I'll probably take a shower and desperately try to establish contact via text.

Have a great weekend, y'all.
Post edited by cewillm on

Replies to: What do you do on a Friday night?