Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

So I've been brushing my teeth once a month or so for the past four years.

wh4twh4t Posts: 9- New Member
edited March 2008 in College Life
And I just flossed today, just for fun.

Holy crap. There was blood *everywhere*.

WHAT DO I DO?!! I know you guys are going to be like "so brush your teeth, dumbass"...but

a) I think I might already have dental problems. My teeth have actually started hurting and stuff. Intolerably.
a2) I don't think my school's health insurance plan covers "damages inflicted upon yourself by not brushing your teeth for the past four years."
b) I keep telling myself to brush my teeth every day because it's supposedly good for me. But then I brush my teeth for a couple days and never again. I guess I'm forgetful or something, or just bad at kicking the habit.
c) My parents are going to have a fit if they hear. Mainly because they too have been nagging me to brush my teeth every day. :(

Thanks,
wh4t.
Post edited by wh4t on

Replies to: So I've been brushing my teeth once a month or so for the past four years.

• bigreddawgiebigreddawgie Posts: 2,118Registered User Senior Member
    go see a dentist....
  • SoLonleySoLonley Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    Wow, id hate to smell your breath
  • Cards4LifeCards4Life Posts: 1,211Registered User Senior Member
    One of my roommates does NOT brush her teeth. She'll go to bed right after eating or hanging out with us without going anywhere near the bathroom. There are 3 toothbrushes in the bathroom--mine and two other roommates. Surprisingly, her breath doesn't stink. She chews a lot of gum though so maybe that helps. I don't know.

Her teeth are dark--stained--but for some reason she doesn't brush. We haven't said anything to her because it's not really our business if she brushes or not. So you're not alone out there...it happens. I went through a phase in middle school where I HATED brushing my teeth and refused to do it. After Cavity #1 and the unbelievably dreadful noise of the dentist drill, I've brushed at least twice a day ever since.
  • steelerfan513steelerfan513 Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
    If you haven't flossed for a while, bleeding gums are pretty normal. The tooth pain isn't.

Just get someone to look at them if they hurt. Hiding cavities is just going to cause your problems to get worse. I'm sure your parents would rather know than have you lose teeth or anything like that.
  • OKgirlOKgirl Posts: 2,134Registered User Senior Member
    Wow I didn't know this could actually be true. I'd be interested to see how your teeth look. If you haven't flossed in a while, then it is going to be hard on your gums and cause bleeding. Go brush your teeth NOW. Keep brushing them at least 2x daily until you can see a dentist. This should be a good enough lesson for you to learn to brush your teeth daily.
  • patlees88patlees88 Posts: 803Registered User Member
    omg...what's wrong with you?? gotta brush ur teeth man. Go to the dentist ASAP
  • 97obw97obw Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    +1........
  • jack4640jack4640 Posts: 1,020- Member
    That's sickening. It takes like, ten minutes a day to take proper care of your teeth. Jesus christ.
  • JenzJenz Posts: 208Registered User Junior Member
    Oh my goodness... I seriously laughed out loud at this. Please brush your teeth...
  • sigurrossigurros Posts: 1,439Registered User Member
    what do your teeth look like?
  • jackht27jackht27 Posts: 714Registered User Member
    oh my god, brush your teeth! bad dental hygiene can lead to like heart disease and cancer and all that stuff!!!

plus it's really disgusting.
  • HalieHalie Posts: 575Registered User Member
    That is sick!
  • darvitdarvit Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah........doesn't your mouth feel gross when you don't brush? Mine feels really gross if I don't brush for one day...and I can just feel my breath smelling really bad. There's probably a thick layer of crap on your teeth right now...you definitely need to get that cleaned up and your gums looked at before you seriously damage yourself.
  • princessbellprincessbell Posts: 2,079Registered User Senior Member
    Make sure you go to a NICE dentist...i brush once a day, twice if I can remember, and my dentist literally threatned me with his drill thingy- and he's not so mean.
  • crashingwavescrashingwaves Posts: 1,120Registered User Senior Member
    Try going to a free dental clinic if you are worried about insurance. If you are located at school with a dental school they will definitely have one.