Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How often do you talk to your parents?

VIRGINIA2004VIRGINIA2004 Posts: 197Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2004 in College Life
If you go to college away from home how often do you talk to your parents? Do you call them once everyday or once a week or maybe once a month?
Post edited by VIRGINIA2004 on

Replies to: How often do you talk to your parents?

• jenskate1jenskate1 Posts: 1,391Registered User Senior Member
    It totally depends on the person. I speak to mine maybe every other week on the phone, and also occassionally online.
  • harpgirl27harpgirl27 Posts: 481Registered User Member
    I talk to my little sisters every day, usually, and my parents a couple times a week.

But since I'm relatively intoxicated tonight...no ;) better to talk to them when I'm sober and studying then when I'm drunk and partying.
  • norcalguynorcalguy Posts: 7,541Registered User Senior Member
    9:00 PM every Sunday
  • usna_rejectusna_reject Posts: 1,533Registered User Member
    good question
    I call my mom about once a week and talk for about an hour
  • signupsuxsignupsux Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    The answer to this question depends on your gender;

1. If you're a guy, you should call about once or twice a month. (which seems reasonable)

2. If you're a girl, you should call any time from 3 times a week to 3 times a day. Girls like to talk talk talk talk and talk, even if they have nothing to say...
    There's nothing you can do about it, it's your nature, lol.
  • VIRGINIA2004VIRGINIA2004 Posts: 197Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah I noticed that, my sister sometimes calls me and im like what do you want and she just says "nothing im just bored".
  • aim78aim78 Posts: 1,336Registered User Senior Member
    My brother calls my Mom almost every day, and they talk for 20 minutes or so. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with that. That's why it's better to go to college close to home; you see each other, so you don't really have to "talk."