Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Becoming an RA

quitejadedquitejaded Posts: 1,816Registered User Senior Member
edited January 2009 in College Life
Hey, guys! I am trying to become an RA.

One of the essays asks us to:
2. Provide a creative description or depiction of yourself and your qualities and how that will contribute to the RA/CA position.

That is the only one I'm having trouble with. I'm not sure how to best format my answer. Do you guys have ideas for analogies you would use or know of some examples of creative college essays where the student was able to tie themselves and their creativity together nicely? I've already written an answer just for good measure. I compare myself to a Nigerian forest like back home.
Post edited by quitejaded on

Replies to: Becoming an RA

• siliconvalleymomsiliconvalleymom Posts: 3,685Registered User Senior Member
    When I was in school, RAs were responsible for planning community-building activities to get students out of their rooms and socializing together. I would have answered a question like that by listing creative ideas for dorm events.
  • quitejadedquitejaded Posts: 1,816Registered User Senior Member
    Thanks. I will think about that!
  • joeblow70joeblow70 Posts: 120Registered User Junior Member
    Why in the world would you want to be an RA? Seriously, I'm not being a total jerk, I just really don't understand the benefits other than getting your own room to yourself.
  • quitejadedquitejaded Posts: 1,816Registered User Senior Member
    - rent and food is paid for
    - small stipend
    - able to enter all other dorms and buildings on campus
    - easier to get a /real/ job on campus which will pay for my tuition when I enter graduate school
    - good for the resume
    - a new experience that would be unlike any I've had before in several ways that I will not bother to tell you
    - I love to help people
    - can keep current job meaning I will make a lot more money than I did this year.
    - easier to get recommendation letters and get scholarships from the school