Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Freshman College Schedule

Tycon69Tycon69 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
I am an upcoming freshman to a state school this fall. As part of my enrollment in the honors college, I have already made out my schedule for the fall. My original schedule is as follows.

First Year Seminar Iphone Programming 1 Credit Fridays 11:00am-11:50am

Prof Chem: Paths (chemistry major writing class) 1 Credit Wednesday 2:00-2:50pm

Integrated Chemistry 1 (lab and lecture) 4 Credits Mon Wed Fri 8:00am-9:50am

English Comp II 3 Credits Monday Wednesday 12:30-1:45pm

Honors Calculus I 3 Credits Mon Wed Fri 10:00-10:50

General Psychology 3 Credits Tues Thurs 11:00am-12:15pm

I really like this schedule a lot mainly because of Tuesday and Thursday because I get to sleep really late and have only one class to attend. I feel that this would give me more time to study for the harder classes on MWF. I would like to keep my schedule this way, but I am frightened by English Comp II. I made a 3 on the Ap test and have credit to get out of Comp I and most likely will receive English Literature Credit as well, but I do not wish to take Comp II at the university level because I am terrible at English. Although I made a 33 on the english and reading portions of the ACT, I have always performed terribly in English Classes mainly because I can never make myself do the tons of useless work. I have no problem doing large amounts of work in classes that I am more interested in, but I cannot bring myself to do much in English. Throughout high school, I have made all A's in every class that I have taken except English and Spanish where I usually get around a B-. In the interest of my transcript, I wish to take English Comp II at my local community college at night during the summer where I have already taken U.S. History and finished with a 100 average. These classes are mainly for older people who want to work on a college degree, but a lot of people at our school have dual-enrolled to take the incredibly easy classes that are offered. The problem with this scenario, is that it alters my schedule a great deal. I have no classes that I can use to fill the void other than a second science class. I am fine with taking another science class but am worried that It will be difficult for freshman year. The full schedule is as follows:

Biology I 4 Credits Tues Thurs 9:30am-10:45am

Laboratory 0 Credits Monday 1:00-1:50pm

And the rest as above. except psycology is moved to 12:30-1:45pm

I don't like this schedule as much as my other one and am wondering what YOU would choose if you were me. Obviously this isn't very important but it is a difficult decision for me because it alters the way in which I will be sleeping and studying throughout the year. I liked the idea of a nearly empty Tuesday and Thursday because I could use it as a Sleep/Study day, but I am fine with the other alternative as well. Do you think that I will have enough trouble in Comp II that it would be a good idea to take it during the summer? Just wanted to get some opinions from people who have been there before. Thanks in advance.