Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is Sociology a hard class??

twilight_girl09twilight_girl09 Posts: 422Registered User Member
edited July 2009 in College Life
To be precise, the class is called Principles of Sociology(Sociology 101). What is Sociology about? Is it interesting? I'm going to take Sociology next week and was wondering am I going to enjoy it. Is the this class going to be hard? Lots of reading required?
Post edited by twilight_girl09 on

Replies to: Is Sociology a hard class??

• CboeCboe Posts: 198User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    Google is your friend, use it.

And it being 101, it is not hard. In addition, it is unlikely to be reading or writing intensive.

As for whether you will enjoy it, that's you; I can't possibly tell what you will and will not enjoy.
  • Muscle7Muscle7 Posts: 214- Junior Member
    almost any 1st year course, especially social sciences, is a joke.
  • CboeCboe Posts: 198User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    especially social sciences, is a joke.

Economics rox man!
  • Muscle7Muscle7 Posts: 214- Junior Member
    i mean joke as in easy. intro econ is supposed to be really interesting.
  • Sligh_AnarchistSligh_Anarchist Posts: 2,193Editor Senior Member
    It's an introductory social science course, so it will not be too terribly difficult, although it's highly dependent upon your professor. Some people equate sociology 101 with common sense.
  • aforautumnaforautumn Posts: 1,381Registered User Senior Member
    i thought sociology was pretty interesting, if just for the statistics you learn. a lot of it common sense behavior stuff. kind of like basic psychology.
  • RelainerRelainer Posts: 25Registered User New Member
    doesn't your school has some sort of course listing/description that you could look at that tells what the classes is like and what topics are covered?

But in short no its not hard granted you have and average teacher