Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College parties

collegefever101collegefever101 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2009 in College Life
What's it like in college parties.

Do people just socialize with random people they don't know? Or is it like HS parties, when people tend to stick to their own groups.

Also, is their less of a chance for an Asian guy to get laid?
Post edited by collegefever101 on

Replies to: College parties

• samsizzlesamsizzle Posts: 338Registered User Junior Member
    hahahahaa wow how is anyone supposed to answer this? it's such a broad question, parties can be anyway you want depending on who you associate with. If you are a antisocial freak, then your chances of getting laid are slim. If you are average to above and know how to talk to the opposite sex, then expect good results lol
  • Myrmidon73Myrmidon73 Posts: 624Registered User Member
    Um, go to them and find out?
  • panicpanic Posts: 966- Member
    I don't go to parties. But from what I hear, most of them are like you said; people just get drunk, talk to random people they don't know, and try to get laid.

Also, being Asian myself, I hope you're not one of those Asians who want only white girls. Because you won't get them.
  • collegefever101collegefever101 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    why won't i get them if I'm Asian? do they only go for white guys? I'm not the stereotypical nerdy-looking Asian.
  • peter_parkerpeter_parker Posts: 923- Member
    I know plenty of asian guys with white girls. One hot white girl I know has only ever been with asian guys, in fact.

This thread proves that you are probably nerdier than you think. That's fine and all but why don't you pretend this is 20 years ago, the internet doesn't exist, and find the answers to your own silly questions in real life through your own experiences.
  • JimgotkpJimgotkp Posts: 2,854Registered User Senior Member
    You never know parties are like cause it differs for every party and school. If it's fraternities some are more into games like screw the dealer, pong/beirut and socializing while others are dancing and socializing. In both cases they have people getting wasted. House parties are the same thing, its either drinking games or dancing or both. Usually the house parties I've been to its both and I've experienced fraternity parties since I'm in one.
  • panicpanic Posts: 966- Member
    I don't know any Asian guys with white girls, although they have tried. We all tend to get grouped together as nerds.

Maybe it will be different at your school...
    Do black people ever get with white girls?
  • StatusStatus Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    Do black people ever get with white girls?

Do you live under a rock or something?
  • unpaperunpaper Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    lol you're only a senior. enjoy your senior year and worry about college life next year.
  • tinker_belltinker_bell Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    i'm white, i've dated an Asian before

i go by two rules

1. NO frat boys
    2. NO thugs
  • peter_parkerpeter_parker Posts: 923- Member
    I'm glad you're so selective.

My rules:

MUST be good-looking and take care of yourself (superb hygiene).
    MUST know what you're doing in bed.
    MUST have an interesting personality that enhances and brightens my day - NO abrasive personalities.

What can I say, life is short ;P.
  • TwistedxKissTwistedxKiss Posts: 2,535Registered User Senior Member
    Hey, sometimes not being so selective can work to your advantage. One time I decided to date a guy I wasn't remotely attracted to who was nowhere near my type just because he was nice to me and it went so well we're getting married in the not too distant future. As it turns out my standards were all backwards. I am really glad I was open-minded. I came to discover a lot of things I didn't se at first glance.
    Will an Asian with all the characteristics that girls look for realistically be able to date hot white chicks?
  • H2013H2013 Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
    Will an Asian with all the characteristics that girls look for realistically be able to date hot white chicks?

It doesn't matter what you are, most people out there don't care about the race, but if you're her type she'll like you. It seems like you're the type who does care about race and find white chicks to be like a trophy and superior to all other girls.