Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do you wear a bathrobe and slippers in the dorms?

ras7599ras7599 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
edited December 2009 in College Life
If you wear them to keep warm, or to just go to and from the shower... I always wear my slippers around just cuz they're so much comfier and warmer than any shoes I have. As for my robe, I wear it to stay warm, and if i'm in my pjs, i'll wear my robe all over my dorm complex, in the halls, to friends rooms, to the dining hall. How about you all?
Post edited by ras7599 on

Replies to: Do you wear a bathrobe and slippers in the dorms?

• cbr27cbr27 Posts: 241Registered User Junior Member
    If its cold, I wear slippers around my dorm but never to the dining hall. Never have been a fan of robes.
  • SingDanceRunLifeSingDanceRunLife Posts: 1,787Registered User Senior Member
    I wear slippers around my dorm, but never out! And I don't wear robes ever...just hoodies.
  • you_of_ehyou_of_eh Posts: 753Registered User Member
    Robes are na-ha-ha hasty.
  • AwpedAwped Posts: 649Registered User Member
    Robes and pjs to the dining halls too? interesting
  • ras7599ras7599 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Sure, I do it for breakfast, never during dinner. I wear my robe with my pjs, and I just go to breakfast in my pjs!
  • TwistedxKissTwistedxKiss Posts: 2,535Registered User Senior Member
    I'll wear slippers and pjs anywhere in the dorm building, including in the dining hall, but I only wear a robe in my room-- a lot of people wear them to the shower, though.
  • MichiyoMichiyo Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    I wear slippers whenever I'm inside with the exception of when I shower, in which case I'll wear flip-flops.
  • S0adS0ad Posts: 914Registered User Member
    Bought some. Never wore them.
    Going to the shower is usually the only time that I ever see other people in their bathrobes, and its always girls, never guys. Although, one morning I did make friends with a girl who was also wearing her bathrobe to the laundry room
  • TwistedxKissTwistedxKiss Posts: 2,535Registered User Senior Member
    Most of the girls here wear nothing but a towel to the shower, and the guys wear shorts or a robe.

The girls are in for a shock the first time we have a fire drill in the evening once it snows.
    hmmm, that's interesting. Cuz here, alot of girls wear a bathrobe to the shower, and guys just wear a towel or shorts. I've never seen another guy in a bathrobe besides myself
  • BananaPopBananaPop Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
    I wear my slippers and my robe inside of my dorm room, but never outside.
  • llpitchllpitch Posts: 4,318Registered User Senior Member
    I wear shower shoes + towel to the shower since my room is right across the hall from the shower. I have a robe but I'm too lazy to put it on since the bathroom is so close.
  • JimgotkpJimgotkp Posts: 2,854Registered User Senior Member
    I wear shorts and slippers inside. Depending on the weather I wear it outside too. Never really wear a robe.
  • BMWdude335BMWdude335 Posts: 378Registered User Member
    < loves robes. got a blue one (for the daytime). got a white one (for the morning). got a nice velvety maroon one (for those special times).