Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What shoes do u guys wear?

jasonInNyjasonInNy Posts: 792- Member
edited February 2010 in College Life
I am just curious due to the varying climates at colleges all over the US, what do guys usually wear?

Normally in high school people just wear Converses and Nike basketball shoes but that seems too uncomfortable to walk around campus with. Is it frowned upon to wear sneakers?

thanks.
Post edited by jasonInNy on

Replies to: What shoes do u guys wear?

• emerlusemerlus Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
    No one really cares what shoes you wear. Wear whatever makes you happy.
  • icanreadicanread Posts: 508Registered User Member
    I'm a girl and I go to school in a mild climate. I see a lot of Sperrys and flip flops on guys around here but I hate both. I like the look of nice slip-on loafers and Converses but please don't wear those Dad-type New Balance sneakers :/
  • TappmannTappmann Posts: 268Registered User Junior Member
    I wear mostly wingtips, oxfords, and sneakers (converse and a plain white sneaker), depending on what strikes my mood. Sometimes boat shoes (like Sperrys) in the summer.
    Is it frowned upon to wear sneakers?

Not at all. Everyone wears sneakers.
  • JimgotkpJimgotkp Posts: 2,854Registered User Senior Member
    I wear sneakers almost everyday unless its snowing or there's ice/snow/huge puddles of rain outside then I wear my Timberlands.
  • reillythemanreillytheman Posts: 391Registered User Member
    i go to school in north dakota, and everyone (all the guys) wear sneakers
  • awill430awill430 Posts: 132Registered User Junior Member
    I wear sandals with socks. Very comfy.
  • DCHurricaneDCHurricane Posts: 2,976- Senior Member
    Yeah, sandals with socks ARE comfy. But there's some sort of stigma against it.

I usually wear either these great boots that I have or my running shoes. The boots are generally comfy but they can cause blisters when I walk too much in them. So I switch it up with my running shoes to keep my feet happy happy.
  • S0adS0ad Posts: 914Registered User Member
    I wear these slouchy knit non-namebrand boots when its snowy out. Wear "cowgirl" boots when its not, or boots with heels. When its spring/summer out I live in puma flipflops and if I'm wearing a dress then wedges.

Lots of people here wear converse/sneakers though not so much in the winter.
  • christian612christian612 Posts: 360Registered User Member
    asics running shoes
  • XptboyXptboy Posts: 321Registered User Member
    Living in Florida I wear sandals And sneakers everyday, got a bunch of other shoes To go out in though
  • jackbenimble4jackbenimble4 Posts: 362Registered User Member
    Boat shoes all year long.
  • adam4homesadam4homes Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
    I wear these Asics Oniksuka Tigers. They are pretty stylish and they are really supportive and comfortable. I even have jogged a mile to and from class in them. Check them out.
  • chuychuy Posts: 3,891Registered User Senior Member
    I wear sneakers unless it's snowy outside, in which case I wear my work boots.
  • AwpedAwped Posts: 649Registered User Member
    ferragamo loafers baby
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Posts: 5,487Registered User Senior Member
    I live in NYC. Boots in the fall/winter, heels in the spring/summer.

Wear whatever appeals to you. You're the one who has to walk around in it all day.

However, to moderately contradict the above:
    Friends don't let friends wear loafers.