Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

I feel like i am going to fail all 3 of my classes

CytotoxictcellCytotoxictcell Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2010 in College Life
What do i do? I am in developmental classes as i dropped out of school. I really dont put enough time into studying. Anyone have any adivice? I try to study but i need medication to help me focus.
Post edited by Cytotoxictcell on

Replies to: I feel like i am going to fail all 3 of my classes

• ThePrincessBrideThePrincessBride Posts: 507Registered User Member
    Uh, take the medication to focus. Then study.

Problem solved.
  • CytotoxictcellCytotoxictcell Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    I am taking the medication, it helps but i am always distracted.
  • RechargeRecharge Posts: 584Registered User Member
    Force yourself to study. If you keep on doing that, then your attention span will slowly increase. It's like lifting weights.
  • BatlloBatllo Posts: 3,047- Senior Member
    Take your med.
    Clear off your desk of clutter.
    Position your desk so it faces a wall.
    Turn off TV, computer, cell phone, music, whatever can distract you either visually or through sounds
    Just you, your book, notes-study for 30 min
    Do it again, lengthening the times until it is effortless to sit and complete a task.
    The trick is training yourself to focus and to get work done.
    Rinse, lather, repeat.
    Good Luck.
  • PlattsburghLoserPlattsburghLoser Posts: 5,487Registered User Senior Member
    Do you have the iPhone or iPod touch? If so, there are a lot of apps that work on increasing applications. I have one, (I can't remember what it's called, I'll edit and get the name for you after I find my phone) that plays some sort of sound that is supposed to improve memory and concentration. And you just listen it to it for 15+ minutes a day.

I don't know whether it actually works or if it's the power of suggestion, but I've found that it has definitely helped.
  • DMOCDMOC Posts: 1,442Registered User Senior Member
    Turn off electronics. Unless, of course, you have to type something ....
  • cabhaxcabhax Posts: 765Registered User Member
    Are you talking about IQ Boost