Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What do you wish you had known before starting freshman year? (:

BluemeraldBluemerald Posts: 69Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2010 in College Life
What do you wish you had known before starting freshman year? (:
Any regrets? Any of those, "I wish I'd known this!" moments? For freshman this fall haha.
Post edited by Bluemerald on

Replies to: What do you wish you had known before starting freshman year? (:

• HotChocolateHotChocolate Posts: 167Registered User Junior Member
    I wish I had known what I wanted to pursue, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted as much time as I did.

That and enroll in classes as early as possible before everyone else snags them like vultures.
  • chsowlflax17chsowlflax17 Posts: 941Registered User Member
    I wish I'd been less afraid of difficult courses (took an intro anthro class instead of an upper division humanities class, because I was scared by the number of upperclassmen in it), because the difficult classes have been the most rewarding ones.
  • AtomicCafeAtomicCafe Posts: 867Registered User Member
    I wish I had taken second semester courses more seriously since my first semester was so simple that I didn't expect the sudden change in course load.

I also wish I hadn't been so terrified of office hours for the first few months.

Also wish I hadn't been so incredibly set in my major(s). Took on a double-major of something I've loved for years with something that I had only had one good class in during high school, and it's taken me a year to drop that awful second major to take on a minor that I love with all my heart.

And I wish I had figured out the school/city bus system faster.
  • icedragonicedragon Posts: 2,170Registered User Senior Member
    i wish i had figured out how to study correctly
  • nne718nne718 Posts: 1,146Registered User Senior Member
    Not to buy my books at the campus bookstore. That's my biggest regret. ugh I got ripped off so badly.
  • H2013H2013 Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
    Putting things off till the last minute doesn't work like it did in high school.
  • Whistleblower1Whistleblower1 Posts: 633- Member
    Memorization is King; reading is the folly of high-IQ fools.