Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

PENN STATE vs Rutgers vs UPittsburgh vs Michigan State vs Indiana U-Bloomington

gsundar2383gsundar2383 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
Ok I am really stuck on deciding between colleges.. I want to study computer science witha minor in economics or business related course

Can someone please give me your opinion on which colleges are the best in a list from best to worst.. And also what are the pos and neg of each college,, the colleges are below..btw i live in ny so the tuition would be around rhe same for most of the colleges

Accepted:
Penn state UP-Summer2012/fall2012-undecided
University of Pittsburgh-fall 2012-arts and sciences+business double major program
Rutgers University new brunswick-fall2012- arts and sciences
Drexel- fall2012-5 yr business coop program(3 coops)
Indiana University Bloomington-Business program
Michigan state university - business program/undecided

Waiting for:

University of delaware
University of maryland
Ohio state university
University of buffalo

Which college is the best in you opinion?!?!?

Thanks for answring!

Sorry about speeling errors, im typing from my phone
Post edited by gsundar2383 on

Replies to: PENN STATE vs Rutgers vs UPittsburgh vs Michigan State vs Indiana U-Bloomington

• 009811009811 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    If you really seeking a Suppy Chain Management/Logistics. I recommend you take Michigan state or Ohio State. Both of them are decent in SCM/Logistics area.

In my personal preference PSU=OSU=Indiana > Rutger (slightly lower)=maryland> MSU> Drexel, Buffalo, and Delaware.
  • shimmershimmer Posts: 243Registered User Junior Member
    Really? Personally I think Penn State is the best, then Rutgers, then Indiana
  • gsundar2383gsundar2383 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Why do u Think penn state is the best one besides the fact that its ranked 45 in us news and the others are higher....how about university of pitt too?
  • barronsbarrons Posts: 23,391Registered User Senior Member
    IU, MSU/PSU, Pitt/RU,rest
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 57,746Registered User Senior Member
    btw i live in ny so the tuition would be around rhe same for most of the colleges

So, your parents are willing to pay these schools' OOS costs? If so, then great.

If CS is going to be your major, are you pursuing that within an engineering school or what?
  • crazedcrazed Posts: 1,880Registered User Senior Member
    FYI- University at Buffalo has a great program. New computer science building. Their engineering programs are highly regarded. Do not discount UB as it is lesser known OOS than the other schools you list. Cost is low in comparison.

As far as your list... it is great. Big Ten schools are fantastic. (MSU undergrad and grad was back when (started at a SUNY and transferred due to major. )
    does anyone know about stony brook...ive heard some things..im not interested in the school at all but my mom want me to look in it?

PENN ST vs Stony Brook

rip joepa<3
    hows penn st vs stony brook? vs msu or indiana or osu or delaware?
    Im going to tr to get into the schools engineering school, but i will most likely start in the computer science program offered to undecided first yr students at most colleges.
    bump................bump..................
  • MizzBeeMizzBee Posts: 4,231Registered User Senior Member
    IU doesn't have engineering-Purdue is our engineering school, or you could go to IUPUI and double major in Engineering and Kelley Business.
    thanks but anyone know anything more about penn state, ive been admitted to the summmer program...is it any good?
    bump.........
    i like u of delaware, penn state, michigan state, pitsburgh, rutgers, indiana, and maybe university of buffalo(this is my last choice, im not really considering it.)
    bump bumpppp