Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU vs. Ecole hotelier de Lausanne (hotel management)

codus0320codus0320 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Search & Selection
I am currently a freshman at NYU majoring in hotel/ hospitality management. I have been accepted to EHL.. should I go here instead?
Post edited by codus0320 on

Replies to: NYU vs. Ecole hotelier de Lausanne (hotel management)

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 19,207Registered User Senior Member
    Will EHL be less expensive and/or give you better job placement?

But honestly, why are you at NYU instead of Cornell?
  • mom5kidsmom5kids Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Tell us, why you are reconsidering NYU after only two months of school? Are you disappointed with the program?

EHL is considered one of the most prestigious in the world, so if you have been accepted and can afford it and are disappointed with NYU, go for it.

Are you a US citizen?
  • codus0320codus0320 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    I am not very much disappointed with the program but I just thought EHL is more prestigious and well known in the industry. After all, networking and alumni affiliation are the two most important aspects to consider in the hospitality field. I have actually decided to stay in NYU and maybe transfer to cornell.
  • RooobertRooobert Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Why not EHL if you thought EGL is more prestigious and EGL has also a great networking and alumni affiliation. But after all, it's all up to you.