Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Big 10? Iowa vs. Indiana vs. Oregon?

Hi! As of late, I've been very interested in majoring in Journalism (probably broadcast) but it's not something set in stone. The plan was to major in English and then go on to Law school after. However, I forgot how much I loved journalism and started reading into it again. A counselor helped me pick schools out of state (I reside in California) such as DePaul and U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U of Oregon, ASU, Syracuse (both parents matriculated there) etc. Most of these OOS are safeties (except UDubs) but are strong in journalism. But then I came across U of Iowa and U of Indiana. Iowa is more known for creative writing (piqued my interest there) and Indiana for journalism; both have creative writing and journalism, as my research suggests. Anyway, I'm kind of pairing them off with Oregon because they're all safeties for me. I LOVE Oregon and it's a lot closer to where I live. I already have UIUC and DePaul, so is it really necessary to add Iowa or Indiana? Otherwise, I'll keep my list as is. Thanks for the feedback!

FYI: Writing this through my iPad. I accidentally quitted the page so this is my 2nd time writing; kind of frustrated atm.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Replies to: Big 10? Iowa vs. Indiana vs. Oregon?